Saturday, September 11, 2010

The Big Move

While Jared was in California working, Jackson, Oliver and I stayed behind in KC and dealt with getting the house packed up and loaded. Luckily, Jared's company paid for movers to do all the work for us- so it was more of a camp out for Jackson, Oliver and I.  All I had to do was point and direct (which we all know I'm really good at!).

Camped out in the family room.

Oliver kept watch and wouldn't let any of the movers back in the family room

. Moving Van in front of our KC house.

 Jared flew back into Kansas City on Thursday evening and we spent the next few days saying goodbye to our family and friends. 

Blue Moose going away party- Nici, Raegan, Shari

Blue Moose Going Away Party- Brad, Jared, Derrick, Josh, Brett.  

I was a little nervous about how Oliver would act on the plane ride. I knew Jackson would be easy, but Oliver....Oliver is always a handful.  To help ease things, the Vet gave me a sedative for Oliver. We gave it to him right before we got on the flight and he was out cold in his carrier (he HATES being in a carrier) for a good hour and a half. Then about half way through the flight, I heard a rustle and then a scratch and then see Oliver's nose popping up through the opening in the carrier. He had somehow managed to unlock the carrier at the top and poke his head out.  We gave him another dose of the sedative and then let him sit on my lap the remainder of the flight. 

Jackson, of course, did an amazing job.  He slept on the way up, ate while we cruised, and slept on the way down.  The people behind us said "I didn't even know you guys had a baby with you" when we were getting off the plane.  

Last picture of the family in front of our KC home.

Jared and Jackson on the plane.

Oliver on my lap on the flight.  

No comments: