Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I Told You So

Jackson goes to a mom's day out program on Tuesday and Friday mornings.  It gives him the chance to interact with other kids his age and gives me a chance to run some much needed errands.  The program had picture day a few weeks back and I chose to opt out of purchasing any pictures, as we had just a professional family photo session.  Little to my knowledge, they require a picture of your child to be taken even if you are not going to order any photos.  The minute we walked in to the area they were taking pictures and I got a look at the very loud, boisterous photographer waving her hands and a stuffed duck trying to get the kids to smile, I knew this was NOT going to go well.  DEEP BREATH.  I kept letting other moms go in front of me trying to put off the inevitable until Jack and I were the only ones left to go.  DEEP BREATH.

I warned the photographer this wasn't going to go well and if she could just snap a few and we would be done that would be great.  Her and her assistants in the room all said "Oh, no, he'll be just fine.  We'll get him to smile.  It will be just fine, mommy".

I reluctantly sat Jack on the chair and the furry of my son was unleashed.  I believe at one point one of the assistants was plugging her ears.  I wanted to say "I told you so" to the photographer, but decided that the ringing sensation in their ears from Jack's screams were punishment enough.

So how did the pictures turn out ... ?  Well, lets just say this was the best picture they could find.  On the positive side we got this neat card to keep in our wallets.  I told Jared that if Jackson were to ever go missing, this would be a pretty accurate picture of what he would look like because he would more than likely be crying.


No comments: